List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Knode 0.99 (KDE 4.2.0) virtually unusable?
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-02 14:09:49

On February 1, 2009 11:43:33 pm Malte Gell wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I upgraded openSUSE 11.1 to KDE 4.2.0 release 83.1 with the unstable KDE
> repo. It comes with knode 0.99.x. Is my observation correct, that knode is
> very unstable? It often crashes when I try to send a message to a
> newsgroup, it even crashes when I try to chnage general settings like name
> or email address... to me it seems hard to be usable at the moment.
>
> Malte

If you want KDE 4.2 (and associated apps), you want the Factory repo. That is,
if I have understood all the emails that have been passed around on this ML,
Factory contains 4.2 while Unstable contains KDE 4.3. Someone please correct
me if I am wrong.

I am using openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 4.2 (from Factory) and Knode (from within
Kontact) and I haven't had any problems with Knode. Could it be that you have
knode from the unstable repo which could be the problem? Try the Factory repo
and see if that clears it up.

These are the URLs for the repos I am using:

[KDE_KDE4_Factory_Desktop]
name = KDE 4.2.x Packages (openSUSE_11.1)
baseurl =
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/

[KDE_KDE4_Community]
name = KDE4 community maintained KDE 4.x / Qt 4.x packages
(openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop)
baseurl =
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory_Desktop/

[KDE_Backports]
baseurl =
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1/

[KDE_KDE4_Factory_Extra-Apps]
name = The (default) Factory KDE 4 desktop with extra apps (openSUSE_11.1)
baseurl = http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Extra-
Apps/openSUSE_11.1/

Alvin