List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.2 rc1 and KDevleop3
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-21 19:19:11

On January 21, 2009 10:54:17 am Karsten König wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 21 Januar 2009 14:58:47 schrieb Alvin Beach:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using openSUSE 11.1 (fresh install from 10.3) with KDE 4.1.96
> > release 78.1 (4.2 RC1) and I am having problems with KDevelop3.

> > Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there a repo that has a kdebase3
> > that has different names for those conflicting man pages?
>
> Try satisfying the kdevelop3 requirmentes with uninstalling kdebase3 and
> using kdebase3-runtime, it tries to be the minimum environment for kde3
> programs without requiring konqueror etc from kde3.
>

> Good luck,
> Karsten König

I do have kdebase3-runtime installed. I appears to me that the kdevelop3 rpm
specifically states the kdebase3 rpm as a dependancy (as opposed to some file
it provides)?

Here is where I am getting my rpms from:

kdebase3
python-kde3
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/oss/

kdevelop3:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1/

Note that the kdevelop3 in the backports repo above is 3.5.4 while the
kdevelop3 in the opensuse oss repo is 3.5.3

Alvin