List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE4 konsole really great.
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-11 19:23:33

Hello,

> I have been unable to find a way to exempt the 2 windows that I want different \
> without effecting the default settings.

There are a couple of options.  The first is that you can edit
multiple profiles at once.  So you could create two profiles - one for
your default settings (for the first 12 tabs) and one for the other
two tabs.  When you want to edit a default settings, select both
profiles in the list and click 'Edit Profile'.  Any changes will be
applied to all of the selected profiles.

The other option if you want to customise settings for a specific tab
is to use the command-line 'konsoleprofile' tool.  This can be used to
change the settings for the current tab using:

konsoleprofile settings=value

eg:

konsoleprofile colors=BlackOnWhite
konsoleprofile font=monospace,12

This works with all of the settings for a tab.  The setting names and
values are stored in the same format as your .profile files stored in
$HOME/.kde/share/apps/konsole
You can put these commands in a script somewhere and run those to
change the terminal setup.

Regards,
Robert.