List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE kicker response is extremely slow
From:       Dirk =?iso-8859-15?q?M=FCller?= <dmueller () suse ! de>
Date:       2008-10-11 11:40:44

On Friday 10 October 2008, Marc Chamberlin wrote:

> > when kicker is hanging, can you please start "gdb -p $(pidof kicker)",
> > enter "bt, <enter>" and then "quit <enter>" and post the output?
> Thanks Dirk for your reply... I have attached the information from gdb
> as per your request.. Hope this helps...  Marc

yes, that helps a lot. looks like you have a media mounted that is hanging and
therefore the complete kicker process is blocked. do you have NFS mounts
mounted while being offline or something like that?

you can figure out which one is hanging by looking at the end of "dmesg" or
comparing output of "df" with "cat /proc/mounts". df should hang somewhere if
my assumption is right, and you can guess where it hangs by comparing the
output with "cat /proc/mounts".. it tests one after the other mount points
listed in /proc.

let me know if you find it this way, and what the exact circumstances are when
this happens, perhaps we can find a workaround for that.

Greetings,
Dirk