List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] kde4: kdm and ssh-agent
From:       Günter_Dannoritzer <dannoritzer () web ! de>
Date:       2008-08-14 17:38:43

Hi,

I installed openSUSE 11.0 with KDE4 on my x86_64 Computer and was
surprised not to find a running ssh-agent. With my previous 10.3
installation I see a ssh-agent as a child process to kdm:

/opt/kde3/bin/kdm
  \_ /usr/bin/Xorg -br -nolisten tcp :0 vt7 -auth
  \_ -:0
       \_ /bin/sh /usr/bin/kde LESSKEY=/etc/lesske
             \_ /usr/bin/ssh-agent

Now on the new installation I have a gpg-agent sitting there instead of
the ssh-agent.

First I thought that it just got changed, but a friend of mine has the
same installation and he has a ssh-agent there.

What is the decision ssh-agent vs. gpg-agent based on?

I would prefer the ssh-agent, as I can have it handle my keys and I
don't have to install keychain to do so.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Guenter