List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE3 bugs, what should be done?
From:       Martin Schlander <suse () linuxin ! dk>
Date:       2008-05-31 8:00:21

Fredag den 30. Maj 2008 11:19:11 skrev Sven Burmeister:
> There will be a kde3 bugs triage day. The question is whether bugs that
> cannot be confirmed for kde4 should be marked as wontfix or whether that
> would cause a feeling of "kde3 users are not important anymore".

My 2 cents.

If important bugs in 11.0 KDE3 turn up, that are relatively simple to fix
packaging bugs, they should be fixed, regardless of whether they're
reproducible in KDE4.x. As I sincerely hope that most users on 11.0 will use
KDE3 for the good of openSUSE. Old bugs, and upstream bugs should be
wontfixed unless reproducible in KDE 4.1 imho.

Since 11.1 will probably be KDE4.1 only (+ some KDE3 apps/libs), and the
release cycle will be very short (5-6 months), KDE3 users really aren't very
important starting on June 20 from my perspective. Btw. it's still likely
I'll be a KDE3 user myself, not quite decided yet.

Actually I also consider KDE4.0 more or less a lost cause.

Given the short time until 11.1, and the fact that 4.1 will still be lacking
in many areas, I tend to think the KDE-team should put more or less all their
effort into 4.1 as soon as 11.0 is released.