List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Kmail and separate encodinbgs for different folders.
From:       Martin Koller <m.koller () surfeu ! at>
Date:       2008-02-01 17:45:14

On Wednesday 30 January 2008, Rikard Johnels wrote:

> where can i see what encoding is used?

Press "v" to see the plain text of the mail and look for the
Content-Type / charset header

If that header is not present but the mail contains non ascii
characters, I think the mail client from the sender is broken (non
compliant).
In that case, kmail uses the Fallback-charset as it can not know how the
text is encoded. This is only set globally, not per folder.

> The follow up problem is:
> Can i set encoding for a separate folder individually?

No, only globally.

> Or do i have to run the mail thru some kind of filter to correct it
> first?

That might help, yes.
Have a look at http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/
I think you can then configure a kmail filter, which you can apply
manually to feed the selected mail through altermime to add/correct the
Content-Type / charset header.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail