List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [suse-kde] qt3/kdebindings3-python issues from KDE:/KDE3/SUSE_Linux_9.3
From:       Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj () urpla ! net>
Date:       2006-07-25 22:19:00

[Sorry for cross post, but these issues are appropriate to both MLs]

Hi,

when updating KDE from build service (which happens automatically here
with yum), I suffer from some regular issues:
 - the qt3 db modules, although installed, do no load properly
   Fix: rebuild qt3-extensions
Adrian, could this be automated in build service?

Here's a test app to prove my claim:

#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qsqldatabase.h>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    QStringList list = QSqlDatabase::drivers();
    QStringList::Iterator it = list.begin();
    cout << "Available Qt database drivers: ";
    while( it != list.end() ) {
        cout << *it << " ";
        ++it;
    }
    cout << endl;
    return 0;
}

 - kdebindings3-python: doesn't bind qscintilla python binding
   correctly, which prevents eric from running.
   This package contains very old sip/PyQt and PyKDE modules.
   My fix is rolling my own with current packages, but this issue could
   be circumvented by build-requiring qscintilla for suse versions below
   1010.

Although buildservice offers KDE 3.5.4 packages, I didn't found it
mentioned anywhere else. Is there something like release notes of even
a detailed Changelog available somewhere about this [pre]release?

TIA,
Pete