List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] 10.1 nonsense
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-17 15:14:55

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 14:03, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 14 May 2006 21:23, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > Incidentally, the new updater will do something that susewatcher never
> > did. It will inform you of updates in all your configured repositories.
> > So for example if you have packman added as a repo, it will tell you
> > when stuff has been updated on packman. susewatcher was only ever for
> > Online Update
>
> What it also does is run on 100% CPU usage for a minute (I checked that). I
> did not like that at all, and that's the reason why /I/ disabled it.
>
> But I have to say, what I miss this way is tempting...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Leen

What I have found is that rug and/or zmd constantly thrashed my laptop. I even
edited the /etc/rc.d/novell-zmd file and set the spawning of zmd to priority
19. This allowed me to use the laptop, but as soon as the system was idle,
zmd began to thrash again. Very annoying! So, I just uninstalled rug and zmd
and now the system works great. I'm not sure what caused them to thrash, I
just know that, so far, uninstalling them hasn't broke anything (yet).

Alvin

--
Please reply to the list and not my email address. Thank you.