List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] kill  kmail preview
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-28 19:15:16

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 15:07, Arthur wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 19:40, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:
> > Do you know if there's a way to turn off the "preview" of mail -- so
> > that you don't
> > open a message for reading unless you specifically click on it to open
> > it?
> > I don't want any spam auto-opening ...
> > --
> > Gracia...Cooleemee, NC   Registered Linux user #263390 - SuSE 10 Pro
> > My country, right or wrong. If right, to be kept right, if wrong, to be
> > put right.
>
> As a newbie I have the same problem - I can suggest 2 work-arounds
> 1)	Set a long delay before marking mail "as read"
> 2) 	Use spam assassin to auto file as   Trash & mark as read
> (Dont ask me for instructions on the later as I still havent mastered it
> fully myself !!! )
> Hope it helps

Arthur,

I use Bogofilters and I have found it quite good. Just install the RPM for
Bogofilters and use Tools->Anti-Spam Wizard. After a days worth of marking
emails as spam, you should see a huge decline in your inbox.

I haven't used spam assassin, so I can't compare. I just tried Bogofilters and
it worked right away, so I had no need to try others.

Alvin

--
Please reply to the list and not my email address. Thank you.