List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.5.1 for SuSE 9.1?
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-08 15:19:09

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 10:49, Osho GG wrote:
> On 3/8/06, Stephan Binner <stbinner@suse.de> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 7. March 2006 02:51, Osho GG wrote:
> > > Does anyone know whether KDE 3.5.1 is available for SuSE 9.1?
> >
> > At least not from SUSE and will not as supplementary/ for 9.1 is
> > discontinued.
>
> What's SuSE's policy about supporting supplementary for a release? Is
> it 12 months, 18 months or there is no such official policy?
>
> For a serious business user, it is not possible to upgrade the entire
> distro every year or so. I like to keep my distro and keep it for at
> least 2-3 years.
>
> thanks,
> Osho

I believe the policy is to support for 2 years after the product's release
date.

I found these references:

http://en.opensuse.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#What_is_the_security_update_life_cycle_for_SUSE_Linux.3F
 http://lwn.net/Articles/159984/

If you have being using the repository to keep your 9.1 up to date, then
upgrading should be fairly straightforward I think?

Alvin

--
Please reply to the list and not my email address. Thank you.