List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Problem with kmail and attached zip file
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-05 13:50:52

On Monday 05 December 2005 09:33, Stefan Brandner wrote:
> When I double click on the zip attachment Ark opens the file read only as
> mentioned before.
> Disadvantage is that I can not open the files within ark nor can I save
> them.
> This happens no matter if the email has the focus or not.

I just did a test. I created a .zip from an mpg that I have and emailed it to
myself. I opened the attachment in Ark and right-click and selected view. The
mpg played but the nspluginviewer crashed. Even with the crash, the mpg still
played. I opened the attachment a second time and it still worked.

In Settings->Configure Ark->General I unchecked "Use integrated viewer" and,
when viewed, the mpg opened in kaffiene (my default video player) without any
problems. You might want to try this and see if you can play the mpg.

Alvin

My stats:
SUSE 9.3 Pro
KDE 3.5.0 Level "a"