List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] volume control keyboard shortcuts help
From:       Alvin Beach <abeach () deepvision ! ca>
Date:       2005-11-14 18:31:15

On Monday 14 November 2005 14:22, Terry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have keyboard shortcuts that can modify the master volume in KMix.
> However, on my laptop, the only plugin I have is for headphones.  I
> can modify this volume manually with the Headphone control
> (obviously).  However, there is not a keyboard shortcut for this
> particular control.  Any way to hack this?  Or is there another way to
> get what I want here?
>
> Thanks!

On my HP xw3100 desktop, the sound out is hard wired through the earphones
volume. I'm not sure why!?!

So, what I did was turn up the Headphones control to 100%. Then I have kmix
setup to control the PCM volume. Maybe you can do something similar? Can you
bind a key to the PCM volume? If so, this may be the workaround that you are
looking for?