List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Kmail SASL problems
From:       Alvin Beach <abeach () deepvision ! ca>
Date:       2005-07-21 18:41:10

On Thursday 21 July 2005 15:14, Sargon wrote:
> > What packages got updated yesterday?  That might narrow down where to
> > start.
>
> I checked that, but the only things to get upgraded were the packages in
> the new gnome repository for apt. And I didn't upgrade all of that stuff
> either, just gtk2, glib, gnucash, gnomemeeting, mc, gftp---nothing which
> should have affected SASL.
>
> Obviously something did, so I guess I will rebuild my box....

There was a mail on this issue earlier about this. It turned out that the
cyrus packages were missing:

alvin@Desktop:~> rpm -qa | grep sasl
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-digestmd5-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-crammd5-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.20-7

I believe having these installed did the trick.

Alvin

--
Please reply to the list.