List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] kmail-not able to send after upgrade to kde 3.4.1
From:       Alvin Beach <abeach () deepvision ! ca>
Date:       2005-07-18 13:11:31

On Monday 18 July 2005 09:31, rwh wrote:
> hi-
> after upgrading to kde 3.4.1 from the version of kde that shipped with suse
> 9.2, i can no longer send emails.
>
> the error msg is: "Authorization failed, an error occured during
> authentication: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found
> authentication not supported."
>
> can anyone tell me what this error msg is trying to point me to?
>
> i've got another machine that that has no problem with the kde 3.4.1
> upgrade.
>
> anyone have any ideas?

Hello Robert,

For SASL I have the following RPMs installed.

alvin@linux:~> rpm -qa | grep sasl
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-crammd5-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.20-7
cyrus-sasl-digestmd5-2.1.20-7

I don't know if they are all required or if installing them will help. But
it's worth a shot.

Alvin