List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Kbear messing up taskbar
From:       BandiPat <penguin0601 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-10-31 22:28:54

On Sunday 31 October 2004 02:42 pm, Matt T. wrote:
> On Monday 01 November 2004 01:14, Eric Wagar wrote:
> > I am seeing problems when using Kbear on SuSE9.2
> > (fresh install).
> >
> > When I load Kbear, the KDE taskbar will crowd together
> > thw tasks in the taskbar, and open up a lot of in
> > between items on the "System Tray".  Once I close
> > Kbear, the proper spacing will return, but not
> > immediately.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this, and is there something I
> > can do to fix the issue?
>
> Same thing here, but with SuSE 9.1, now running KDE 3.3.0. Very
> annoying!
>
> I do not know how to fix it, but I will try upgrading to 3.3.1.
>
> > (I'm new to Linux, and especially SuSE/KDE, so I may
> > get my terms incorrect.)
> >
> > Thanks
> > eric

Matt,
3.3.1 doesn't seem to have a fix for this either, as I just tested it
here.  Not sure what's causing it or if it's worth running down.  I
haven't used Kbear since building Krusader rpms.  It has far better
capabilities for more than just ftp work.  Don't know why SuSE or KDE
has quit including it.

Lee