List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Problem with Program-Autostart in KDE 3.1 (Kiosk-Mode)
From:       Marc_Klünder <Marc.Kluender () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-10-18 19:10:38

Hello,

>>I tried some other windowmanagers, too. But then i have to find a
>>solution for nearly the same problem just for another
>>windowmanager. Because I found the most relevant informations for
>>KDE, I chose the KDE-solution. Unfortunately I just found most of
>>the solutions for KDE, but not all. ;-)
>>

>>>Then configure fvwm2 in a way that the user cannot start
>>>anything else (I hope that is possible).
>>>

>>This is the problem I meant. I also don't know jow to configure
>>this for fvwm2 or any other lightweight windowmanager.
>>If someone wants to give me a hint to increase my knowledge of
>>some other windowmanager than KDE I would be happy of an
>>alternative solution.
>>

>Do you really need a window manager at all? You could also start
>your application so that it fills the whole screen (using the
>-geometry X option). If your application exits, the session will
>terminate and you get back to the login screen.

I forgot, I tried this way too. But I need some of the supplies of an
windowmanager for my program. For example when I want to open a
sub-dialog of my program, I got a password dialog. When I run my program
without windowmanager, it's not possible toenter the password into the
LineEdit. It gets no focus. And I have no window decorations (just for
some better look and clarity).

Thank you nevertheless.

Marc