List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.3 upgrade
From:       Bernard Elbourn <berni () elbourn ! ukfsn ! org>
Date:       2004-09-18 10:42:53

On Saturday 18 September 2004 10:59, jfweber@bellsouth.net wrote:

> My understanding is to run your Online update to make sure it installs
> updates to qt and about a dozen other items... needed to be done BEFORE
> you attempt to install the new KDE kdebase3

Sound sensible.  Actually, I started with an up to date system via YOU. Then
installed kde3.3 for suse 8.2 update cleanly with kdebase3-SUSE removed.
Then forced kdebase3-SUSE.  Then just by chance I did my normal YOU this week
which updated the kdebase3-SUSE.

I suspect the lack of the right kdebase3-SUSE in the update was a simple
oversight?

But sadly it is such an obvious dependancy one would indicate that Suse are
not testing their prior version upgrades at all.

While I do not wish to critisize one of the best euro suppliers too much ....
thing kind of thing (which is easily prevented) will loose them market share.

Hopefully our feedback will help it to be fixed on the mirrors so others can
enjoy a smoother upgrade.

Berni