List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] first gramofile now k3b
From:       "Albert_Drühe" <druehe () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-06-15 22:07:23

> On Sunday 13 June 2004 02:19, "Albert Drühe" wrote:
> > ..thanks a lot for leading me to gramofile. Now I have some wav-files
in
> > k3b, but it doesn't burn. I get the following warning, you see in the
> > added file. cdrdao 1.1.7 is installed,(SuSE 9.0 professional) - is
there
> > later version? How can I enable ide-scsi for all devices, should I do
> > that?
> > Albert
>
> Where is your CD writer?  Let's suppose it's /dev/hdc for the purpose of
> this
> explanation:
>
> edit /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> look for the line that says:
> "title Linux"
>
> right underneath that is a line that starts with "kernel"
>
> append the following to that line:
>
> 	hdc=ide-scsi
>
> reboot.  Assuming this is the only ide-scsi cd drive, it will now be
known
> as /dev/sr0
>
> I'm surprised that your writer isn't setup as ide-scsi, because SuSE 9.0
> does
> that automatically on install.
>
> Shout if it doesn't work

thank you, Hans,

I made it exactly but it doesn't work, shoutshoutshoutcrycryweepweep

With that appendix in the line underneath "titlelinux" the writer isn't
existent at all, whereas without that k3b is starting, shows some count
down- or checking lines and finally somewhat like "input-output-failure".

Where do I get the latest version of cdrdao, later than what is installed
with suse 9.0?

Albert