List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Check network traffic amount
From:       Richard Atcheson <ratcheson () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-12-15 16:47:29

On Sunday 14 December 2003 04:18 am, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> I would not call that overwhelming... ;P
>
> RA> Linux can be a bit overwhelming with all the things available.
>
> That's why Information Retrieval is important. ;P
>
> Anyway, thanks! Your email gave me the idea to search with two keywords. ;D
>
> Cheers,
>
> Leen

You're right, 5 items are not overwhelming but I was thinking about ALL of the
things available on the Pro distro and there are, from what i read, thousands
of things there.  Now that is overwhelming, at least to me it is.  But I also
think the problem is more than just the SuSe distro.  There are so many
different  apps for Linux and so many different places to look for
information that many of us suffer from some kind of overload.

This list is the next best thing to having such a listing as there are a lot
of nice folks here willing to tell others where to go in just a heartbeat.
The great thing is you can get a variety of suggestions on how to solve  a
particular need.  I  really appreciate all the help and comments that are
given here. I just wish I could remember it all!

Enjoy the holidays all.
ra