List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] KDE config
From:       "Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-05-23 0:32:54

Jim,
This has been reported before:
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2003-Mar/0118.html
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux/2003-Mar/1578.html
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2003-Feb/0067.html

The key is that kdmrc has been split into two, kdmrc and backgroundrc
It is backgroundrc which should contain Desktop0

History of this goes back at least to this change:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=102900474724608&w=2
this kde-core-devel thread:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=103522812832325&w=2
and this kde-linux thread:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-linux&m=103584925723508&w=2
Best regards

Im running SuSE Linx 8.2 Professional Update with KDE 3.1.2 from SuSE KDE
RPMs.
Following is the contents of my /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/backgroundrc

[Desktop0]
BackgroundMode=Flat
BlendBalance=100
BlendMode=NoBlending
ChangeInterval=60
Color1=0,0,200
Color2=192,192,192
CurrentWallpaper=0
LastChange=0
MinOptimizationDepth=1
MultiWallpaperMode=NoMulti
Pattern=fish
Program=
ReverseBlending=false
UseSHM=false
Wallpaper=default_blue.jpg
WallpaperList=
WallpaperMode=Scaled

Following is an excerpt of my /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc:

[General]

[Shutdown]

[X-*-Core]

[X-*-Greeter]
BackgroundCfg=/etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
UseBackground=true

[X-:*-Core]

[X-:0-Core]

[X-:0-Greeter]