List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [suse-kde] No Desktop after an upgrade from KDE 3.0 to KDE 3.1
From:       Frank.Bertling () t-online ! de (Frank Bertling)
Date:       2003-04-29 6:15:24

Hi,

hopefully anybody can help me.

I just upgrade from KDE 3.0 to KDE 3.1 on a Suse 8.0 and now ....

.. nearly everything works exept the fact that I have no desktop, meaning

no context menu when right-clicking
no icons no background picture
and I dont really know what else is missing.

But all application like opera, kmail, YAST and so on
work fine, when startet from a xterm.

When I log in as root or created a new user the problem wasn't there
for them, but it still exits for me as a user.

So hopefully there is only one little thing missing, but
I have no idea what??

Any ideas?

Thank you for your efforts
Greetings