List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [suse-kde] KDE oddities w/SuSE 8.2
From:       Marian Routh <malke () elephantboycomputers ! com>
Date:       2003-04-25 14:07:28

Hi - Clean install of SuSE 8.2 on a machine that was happily running 8.0
and then 8.1 for the last year. Same ViewSonic A90 monitor, same Geforce
Ultra 2 (Gladiac, 64MB). Desktop is set to 1280 x 1024, 16 bit color as
before. The monitor was correctly identified this time (I had to enter
settings manually in 8.0 and 8.1). When I open apps full screen, they
always open with the title bar cut off a bit. If I "pull" the window
down by dragging with the mouse, the full title bar shows. I tried
making the desktop smaller from YaST and also with the monitor controls,
with no change. I know this sounds stupid, but it's irritating to not be
able to see the close, minimize, etc. buttons completely.

Where and how would I change these settings?

Thanks,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers