List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] login manager
From:       "PL O'Smith" <penguin0601 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-02-25 21:21:58

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 04:06 pm, marconi barbosa wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>  On a  suse 8.0/KDE 3.1 machine.
>
> Since the somewhat discussed move to 3.1 the login manager on the
> control center won't  implement changes.  Heard someone saying that
> there is a bug preventing the manager to write to the config.  Is
> there a way to sort this? Got used to my old settings.... can't be
> blamed by that, I guess...
>
> Thanks to all
>
> Ps. My kde graphic Yast2 still not working. Doesn't seems to be a
> qt3/qt3-non-mt issue as I tryed both. Getting along with the
> terminal.
>
> Marconi

--************************
Hi Marconi,
With 8.0 and 8.1 things kinda changed from 7.2 & 7.3, so you are
actually changing setting the login when you go thru YaST2 to configure
your login.  What happens when updating though is the link for the
kdmrc file in /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc becomes the actual
config file instead of a link.  So try this:
rename/delete the kdmrc file at /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/
create a softlink from /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc to
/etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
(ln -s /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc)  this is all on one line

That should give you back your setup at the login screen then.

Patrick

  --- KMail v1.5 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.1 ---
	Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...