List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [suse-kde] kmail - illegal character in input stream!
From:       brunft <brunft () austromail ! at>
Date:       2003-02-25 19:58:08

Hi all,

i am using KDE 3.1 on SuSE 8.1.
I've problems with KMail, it seems that Emails with german charsets are not
displayed correctly. I got the following msg in the console
 WARNING: QuotedPrintableDecoder: ü illegal character in input stream!
Ignoring.
 WARNING: QuotedPrintableDecoder: ß illegal character in input stream!
Ignoring.
 for every character in the viewed email which is not part of the us-ascii (?)
charset. The charset int the content-type in the message header is correctly
set ...

 'Set encoding' in the 'View' menu is set to Automatic, but if i set it
manually to ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15 the problem is the same.
I've set up SuSE (and KDE) with english language maybe that's the problem?

Strange is, that i got a HTML email, which is displayed correctly.

May i've to set a certain environment variable or could that be a kde bug?

thx in advance
brunft