List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] desktop icons dont stick
From:       "PL O'Smith" <penguin0601 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-02-24 16:07:03

On Monday 24 February 2003 02:55 am, Richard wrote:
> I am using Suse 8.1 with KDE 3.1
>
> After doing an upgrade with apt-get, any icons I add to the desktop
> or any icons I move on the desktop, disappear or simply move back to
> original position.
>
> I know I have seen the answer to this question but after 2 hours of
> searching the mail lists, google and the faqs,  I give up and beg for
> help.
>
> What am I missing?
> Thanks,
> Richard

----------------------------
Richard,
Most of the icon questions have been about none showing up or missing
some, due to the index.desktop file being messed up in the hicolor
theme.  I think the system didn't know where to look for alternate
icons.

Usually a problem like yours is due to some old settings files.  You
might try removing all the things in /tmp first.  You may have to reset
some things in their settings, but all will work correctly.  You might
also rename or remove you old kde settings in your home as well to try
that.  If memory serves me though, most of the responses to questions
of your type result in old settings now cooperating with the new
update.

Patrick
  --- KMail v1.5 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.1 ---
	Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...