List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] How to install the KDE 3.1 ?
From:       sven sandin <svensmail () telia ! com>
Date:       2003-02-22 11:49:29

I followed the instructions on the http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm. The site
will give you all the information you need. When the apt was up and running I
installed a few harmful packages to convince myself that everythis was
working. I then installed one package after the other. When I was finished I
installed them a second time to make sure all dependencies had been resolved.

For a moment I had problems with icons disapearing but they showed up later
when installing other packages.

I guess you better install from a proper root login rather than loggin as a
root under your personal account.

I have had no problems since.

Good luck

Sven