List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Library problems with KDE3.1 under SuSE 7.2
From:       "Matt T." <Matt () Boons ! net>
Date:       2003-02-16 22:15:43

On Sunday 16 February 2003 15:55, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zaterdag 15 februari 2003 13:19, schreef Matt T.:
> > I also searched everywhere for "libkcm_konq.la", and I did not find it,
> > even not on another system which did NOT show this error. So I assume it
> > is not that this file is missing, but that there is a bug in some code.
>
> You did not search good enough :)
> (at ftp.gwdg.de);
> /ftp/pub/linux/suse/apt $ zgrep libkcm_konq.la Ap* | sort -u
> AptContents.SuSE-7.3-i386.gz:opt/kde2/lib/kde2/libkcm_konq.la
> X11_KDE_Base/kdebase

I should have been more specific: I did not find it on my desktop and on my
notebook, and also not on the hdd with my old kde instalations.
"libkcm_konq.la" was not there, even on the installation which did run fine.

However a web search result like you mention above,
- yes, I did search there and find a similar result ;-)  -
did show me that installing the  "libkcm_konq.la" belongs to kde2, and that is
why I assumed that installing the kde2 compat. rpm did fix it for me.

> > Somehow I have the feeling that it could help to install the kde2 compat.
> > rpm. I did this together with the release installation, so it could be
> > that it is involved somehow. If I got it right, "libkcm_konq.la"
> > originally belongs to kde2.
>
> It should help to install the rpm kdebase (that is without 3).

what do you mean with "without 3"? kdebase for kde2?
because kdebase for kde3 has been installed of course.

If this error shows up if the kde2 compat rpm is not installed, I would say it
is a (small) bug. kde3 should not require an to be installed as upgrade on
old kde2 installation, or together with the kde2 compat rpm, or it should be
mentioned in the installation guidelines, shouldn't it?

Regards
Matt T.