List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] After 3.1 upgrade problems
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2003-02-05 19:39:48

Op woensdag 5 februari 2003 05:25, schreef DB Troll:
> After upgrading to 3.1 I get the following errors:
>
> On xconsole I get kdm_config[974]: unrecoqnized section mane [Desktop 0]
> at /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc:1

Look in the file, search for Desktop.  What is under it?  Do you think it is
being used.  If not remove that part of configuration file (just back up the
file before just in case...)

> When starting KsCd I get  error-KsCD  Unable to create directory
> /opt/kde3/share/apps/kscd/cddb

Make the directory yourself (as root):
- mkdir /opt/kde3/share/apps/kscd/cddb
- chgrp users /opt/kde3/share/apps/kscd/cddb

> Check Permissions
> If I click ok on this and then click start on KsCD window tunes play fine.
>
> On booting after logging in to kde I receive a box with  Sound Server
> Fatal Error:
>
>                     /tmp/mcop-dbtrol is not owned by user.

ls -l /tmp/mcop-dbtrol
if not owned by you: