List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Kate - No files? (KDE 3.1) SOLVED!
From:       "Joe 'Flame' Sullivan" <firechild () telia ! com>
Date:       2003-02-01 10:05:05

Thus spake Leendert Meyer:
> Ha, just discovered something. I have a "test" user, and I deleted it's
> .kde directory completely, and started kde3, and subsequently Kate. It
> chuckled somewhat, I closed it, started Kate again, and presto: Kate with a
> docked dir&file tree, and it just worked as before. :-)
>
> Our problem seems to be a configuration file problem. Delete/rename
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kate and ~/.kde/share/config/katerc, and try again.
> Problem solved?

Actually, I just found a simpler solution, and I'm feeling like a bonehead for
not noticing it before. :-P

Bottom of the list shows a "filter" function. Apparently it's set to filter
out, well, everything.

I hit the "filter" icon so it would "clear filters", and presto! There be my
files! Arrrrr!

Weird that that's set that way though. I never used that filter before.

Later!
Joe