List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Kate - No files? (KDE 3.1)
From:       Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer () home ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-31 21:04:28

On Friday 31 January 2003 00:18, Joe 'Flame' Sullivan wrote:
> On Thursday 30 January 2003 22:58, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > Ok, Menubar -> Settings -> Tool views -> Show File List
>
> No, that's not the problem. :-)
>
> I have that tool open, and got it docked again as well.
>
> The problem is the actual showing of the directories.
>
> For example, if I go into /home/flame/Documents using the Selector tool, it
> shows the subdirectories that are in Documents, but not any of the actual
> files that are directly in /home/flame/Documents!

I understand you now, have the same problem. And right click in the directory
tree, select View -> Separate directories opens a second window, I suppose
for showing files. But there's no file there! Hmm, that's a pity. Fortunately
the Open file dialog works as you already mentioned:

> Using "Open File" I can see and open them (and they will show in the File
> List), but no files show in the Selector tool.
>
> It's just weird...

Ha, just discovered something. I have a "test" user, and I deleted it's .kde
directory completely, and started kde3, and subsequently Kate. It chuckled
somewhat, I closed it, started Kate again, and presto: Kate with a docked
dir&file tree, and it just worked as before. :-)

Our problem seems to be a configuration file problem. Delete/rename
~/.kde/share/apps/kate and ~/.kde/share/config/katerc, and try again. Problem
solved?

Cheers,

Leen