List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] How to install the KDE 3.1 ?
From:       David Herman <ob1 () yifan ! net>
Date:       2003-01-31 16:51:41

On Friday 31 January 2003 08:42 am, Allen Seelye wrote:
> >On Friday 31 January 2003 07:45 am, Allen Seelye wrote:
> >-----------snip----------

> Hmmm...bummer. Is apt any good? I've been considering upgrading to
> 8.1 but haven't come up with a good enough reason yet. But I suppose
> that's a topic for a different list.
> -Allen

Well It certainly didn't replace yast's missing functionality, but It
was alot easier to set up than I thought it would be. I just read the
faq and tips on the website and most of my questions were answered.

Be forwarned that although I had great results others have reported
dificulties. I started with a Fresh Full install of SuSE8.1 and was
willing to leave my computer running for a couple of days while the
packages were downloaded (aparantly ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse serves
its files through a straw). I allowed apt to do a full upgrade of my
system although there are ways to have it do less, thus saving download
time

Good luck
--
dh