List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [suse-kde] KDE International characters does not work now...
From:       "Alberto Curro" <acurrop () wanadoo ! es>
Date:       2002-08-07 6:13:13

Hi again,

  after upgraded from KDE 2.x to KDE 3.0.1 (and to X 4.2.0) I have now a
very annoying bug that is getting me crazy. I'm spanish and use the spanish
keyboard, and have everything configured in KDE Control Panel.

  In our language, as in some others too, we use quoted characters (á, é,
etc) and now I can only see some of them. For example, the quoted 'e' does
not appear now, in its place I can see (and print) an strange character,
everytime different depending of the previous character, or even no
character at all. Some other characters, as, i.e. quoted 'u', is shown
different (bigger or smaller, it depends) than the rest of them.... You can
see a sample of what I should see and what I see really in the attached
bitmap.

  It's very annoying, since I cannot use any word-processor to write my
documents. I have this problem on every KDE (and non-KDE, but running over
KDE) application, including code editors, mail clients, etc.

  The most annoying in this )%(%&/&"·" thing is that in some apps I can see
the characters perfectly. If I go to any wordprocessor and try to change the
font, I can see in the 'previous' panel (if available) the sample phrases
perfectly. I can see the characters if you send me a mail with them, or any
document. That's  : I can see them if someone (different of me, of course)
write them in some place, and I read it.

  This happens not only with my common user, also with root and every user
(two more) on my system. I have tested every font installed on my system (I
have xfstt with 50 TTF fonts and some APF fonts too), and now I have
configured as keyboard : spanish, country : spain, codepages : tested with
iso-8859-1 and iso-8859-15, and my keyboard is a 105-keys (Intl) PC one.

  Any idea?????

  Regards

      Alberto Curro

["test.bmp" (image/bmp)]