List:       suse-ibm-db2
Subject:    DB2 ODBC problems
From:       "Palotai, Zsolt" <Palotai () baseware ! de>
Date:       2001-04-09 14:46:07

Dear Sirs,

As a database software developing company, we try to implement a DB2
solution for our
Internet Server software. Unfortunately, we have some difficulties, so
please post the following
message to your newsgroup (or pls. tell us how to post):

Windows DB2 ODBC driver returns empty CLOBs in SELECT clause

When trying to access CLOB data fields through an ODBC SQL-SELECT statement
connected
to a DB2 DBMS via Microsoft's MFC CRecordset C++ object, the driver returns
empty data fields,
though the CLOBs are not empty. Reading directly from the ODBC engine with
the ODBC API
obtains the same result, even on blockwise reading. Other data fields in the
same query's
result set are returned all OK.

Who can help ?

Thanks,