List:       suse-ham-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-ham-e] hamradio packages for SUSE Linux 10.1
From:       Tim Fischer <mail0812 () online ! de>
Date:       2006-06-14 21:59:26

Hello Curt,
if you have a xastir.spec file for 10.0, please just send it to me, and I will
compile the package and integrate it into the repository.
But you will need to be a little bit patient, because the next 4 days I'm on
holidays...

73 de Tim, DG7GT

P.S.: I will drop a notice on the suse-ham-e list when new packages are ready
for download....

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juni 2006 20:08 schrieb Curt, WE7U:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Tim Fischer wrote:
> > during the last days (and nights) I recompiled all ham radio packages
> > (except tnn) for use with SUSE 10.1.
>
> Thank you very much for doing this.  It is appreciated!
>
> I'm wondering if you would be interested in compiling an Xastir RPM
> as well.  I have been creating them for SuSE 9.x and 10.0.  I doubt
> that there would be too many changes for 10.1 required.
>
> Xastir was distributed on the SuSE disks at one time, but someone
> made an error in judgement about one of the licenses in Xastir and
> dropped it from the distribution.  I sent a note to SuSE about it
> but they didn't respond.
>
> The same package and license they took exception to is currently
> used in SEVERAL other packages that SuSE still distributes on their
> disks.  Through a bit of research I did on the 'net I found that the
> software and license in question is just fine for distribution along
> with GPL'ed programs.
>
> Anyway, if you'd care to make Xastir available in this manner, I'd
> be glad to help.
>
>     http://www.xastir.org
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

Tim Fischer
Mail: <mail0812@online.de>