List:       suse-domino
Subject:    Re: [suse-domino] Domino 7 on Suse 10 as additional Server
From:       mgo () timetoact ! de
Date:       2006-01-22 11:01:00

--=_alternative 00437BE0C12570FD_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Hi Tom,

I don't have experience about side-effects with SuSE Pro 10. I would
simply not use it, it is a wrong and unsopported OS version. I think there
could be also a problem with the JVM. But I guess there's more to watch
out for.

Regards,

Michael

Tom <tomaw@gmx.de>
18.01.2006 23:39

mgo@timetoact.de
cc
suse-domino@suse.com
Subject
Re: [suse-domino] Domino 7 on Suse 10 as additional Server

Thank`s for the hint Michael.
Of course SLES would be better. After all using SUSE 10 was not my
Decision.

The Problem occured only after starting the Server from a telnet
Session. I hope that this Combination wonn't be too buggy.
Best Performance, mentioned earlier by you, doesn't matter in this case.
Do you know of other Side Effects i have to watch out for ?

Regards,
Tom

mgo@timetoact.de schrieb:

> this is, because the acces rights to your locale-strings are ot set
> correctly. Though Domino is unable to convert its internal strings
> into regular ones for the console.
>
> Look into /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/res
>
> There should be a ´dcirectory called C (uppercase!)
>
> probably in your installation the directory has the name of your
> locale-Settings, maybe DE-de. You can either set a locale variable to
> use your directory name or just rename it to C. Actually, I don't know
> the name of that variable.
>
> Nevertheless, this is not the only issue you will experience - there
> are a bunch of others occurring if you install Domino onto an
> unsupported platform - the right one would be SLES 9.
>
> regards,
>
> Michael

--=_alternative 00437BE0C12570FD_Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"

with SuSE Pro 10. I would simply not use it, it is a wrong and unsopported
OS version. I think there could be also a problem with the JVM. But I guess
Regards,<br>
as additional Server</font></table>
Of course SLES would be better. After all using SUSE 10 was not my <br>
Decision.<br>
The Problem occured only after starting the Server from a telnet <br>
Session. I hope that this Combination wonn't be too buggy.<br>
Best Performance, mentioned earlier by you, doesn't matter in this case.<br>
Do you know of other Side Effects i have to watch out for ?<br>
Regards,<br>
Tom<br>
mgo@timetoact.de schrieb:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; this is, because the acces rights to your locale-strings are ot set
&gt; correctly. Though Domino is unable to convert its internal strings
&gt; into regular ones for the console.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Look into /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/res<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; There should be a ´dcirectory called C (uppercase!)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; probably in your installation the directory has the name of your <br>
&gt; locale-Settings, maybe DE-de. You can either set a locale variable
to <br>
&gt; use your directory name or just rename it to C. Actually, I don't
know <br>
&gt; the name of that variable.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Nevertheless, this is not the only issue you will experience - there
&gt; are a bunch of others occurring if you install Domino onto an <br>
&gt; unsupported platform - the right one would be SLES 9.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; regards,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Michael<br>