List:       suse-beta-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-beta-e] gcc 3.0
From:       Lenz Grimmer <grimmer () suse ! de>
Date:       2001-09-06 13:54:56

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Philippe Charman wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, Hubert Mantel wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 18, Joop Boonen wrote:
> >
> > > I have the folowing question. GCC 3.0 is just released. I'm
> > > wondering if ans when Suse will use it, and is it a good choise?
> >
> >We're currently evaluating it.
>
> Do you have more news on this evaluation and do you think the next
> release of Suse will integrate it ?

Sorry for the late reply - I am still catching up on 5 days worth of email
(which is a lot, when a beta is out)...

7.3 will _not_ use gcc 3.0 as the default compiler - it will still be
compiled with 2.95.3

Bye,
	LenZ
 Lenz Grimmer                                           SuSE GmbH
 mailto:grimmer@suse.de                       Schanzaeckerstr. 10
 http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/            90443 Nuernberg, Germany
    People are the only creatures with the power of laughter.