List:       suse-axp
Subject:    Re: [suse-axp] Install 8.1 on alpha XL (ARC console)
From:       "Franco Tassone" <franco.tassone () inwind ! it>
Date:       2003-10-23 12:10:35

Dear Stefan,

I've followed your suggestion, so used the linload.exe and the milo image
for the xl system from the distribution, then tried to boot the kernel as
you suggested, I just changed slightly the OSLOADOPTION value:

OSLOADOPTIONS=boot scd0:/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/fd0 initrd=/boot/initrd
console=ttyS0

as I have a serial console only.
The systems load the milo correctly but doesn't boot vmlinuz. It used to
work with Debian alpha. Any more suggestions ?