List:       suse-axp
Subject:    Re: [suse-axp] Install on Digital Server 5000
From:       Gary Richardson <garich () ptd ! net>
Date:       2003-10-20 19:11:43

 >I am attempting to install 8.1 on a DigitalServer 5300
 >currently running RH 7.2. with 2.4.9 kernel which uses
sym53c8xx for the scsi hard disk driver,
ncr53c8xx for the cdrom and
aic7xx for st/sg

snip ...

Progress ...

By replacing the Suse 8.1 kernel with the 2.4.9 kernel
build under RH 7.2 and replacing the modules in boot/initrd,
I am able to boot the computer and bootlx starts. With
the 2.4.9 kernel the ncr53c8xx module locates the scsi
hard drives Unfortunately this driver will not locate
the hard drives with the Suse kernel.

bootls allow me to find the image on the nfs drive but
hangs after the image is loaded. I still cannot access
the log console. Any further suggestions?

--
Gary Richardson
garich@ptd.net