List:       suse-axp
Subject:    freeze w/ 2.4.4 kernel & samba 2.2
From:       "Andy Franklin" <afranklin () bergstrominc ! com>
Date:       2002-01-23 22:23:17

While installing MS Office to a Win2k PC I had the Linux system it was =
installing from freeze twice. These were hard freezes without any =
response. Normally this Samba server has drives mapped to it and is stable =
but this install was pulling from a UNC path.

It is a 2.4.4 kernel from SuSE 7.2. Samba is compiled from the 2.2 release =
CVS branch. Hardware is an Alpha 533mhz on a 164lx motherboard with 512 mb =
of ECC RAM. The hard-drive is an IDE with ultra DMA enabled. The network =
card is a Netgear FA310 using the tulip module.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks,
Andy Franklin