List:       suse-axp
Subject:    Re: [suse-axp] How to hide a drive from MILO
From:       Rich Payne <rdp () talisman ! alphalinux ! org>
Date:       2000-02-29 14:04:36

Alphas are not like PCs in that respect, MILO can boot from any device it
has a driver for. Whether it's IDE or SCSI should be irrelevant, as long
as the root file system is correct.

As for why this is hanging? Maybe MILO is trying to init the promise card
with whatever IDE driver is built in? That's a guess at best....

--rdp