List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] yast clone_system produces virtually empty file
From:       Per Jessen <per () computer ! org>
Date:       2015-01-12 8:29:40

686f6c6d wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Per Jessen <per@computer.org> wrote:
>> Any suggestions as to how to proceed with this?  thanks.
>
> It worked for me, at least partially (bootloader part didn't work
> IIRC); I will be back from vacation next monday, we could compare
> packages and patterns then.
>
> I've never tried using "yast clone_system" directly though. Does
> cloning work if you run "yast autoyast" and then clone the system from
> there (and save the file)?

Hi Christopher

it looks like the problem was something like this:

during installation, I tried out both "clone system" and "export
configuration" and one of them defaulted to writing "control.xml"
to / - this ended up as /etc/YaST/control.xml and caused
the "clone_system" not to work.  I might retry the whole thing this
week.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.9 °C)