List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Problems running on startup a service created in a postinstall script in
From:       Rainer Krienke <krienke () uni-koblenz ! de>
Date:       2013-04-17 6:33:23

Dies ist eine kryptografisch unterzeichnete Nachricht im MIME-Format.

Am 15.04.2013 14:28, schrieb Robert Klein:
> Hi,
>
> is here a reason for using an init script outside of autoyast?
>
> I'm using a lot of autoyast post-scripts and init-scripts.  Network /is/
> an issue, both in post-scripts and init-scripts:

Hello Robeert,

well I personally prefer not to use one big script but instead many
samller ones. This makes it more easy to handle the whole installation
stuff find errors etc. Another advantage of the runlevel post script was
the fact that if for some reason after the installation is done
something with the postinstall script does not work as expect I can
simply reboot and the runlevel script will start up once again and do
what is needed.

These were the reasons for me not to use one big post-install script and
this solution worked fine until the implementation of systemd into opensuse.

In between I found a solution just like you did by configuring the
network interface if its not already configured in the postinstall
script. This way thinks work again.

Thanks a lot
Rainer
--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse  1
56070 Koblenz, http://userpages.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke, Tel: +49261287 1312

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]