List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] custom user scripts
From:       Robert Klein <kleinrob () mpip-mainz ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2012-07-23 18:15:53

On 07/23/2012 07:19 PM, dutchguy69 wrote:
> So far I have used custom user scripts via the <source> tag within my
> autoyast profile. When I was browsing the autoYast documentation I
> noticed that it is also possible to use the <location> tag instead
> which makes everything a bit cleaner from my perspective.
>
> Made the required changes and did some tests. Works fine for pre, post
> and init scripts. Having issues with chroot and post partition one.
>
> Although the creation of post and init scripts during the autoyast run
> is logged within the y2log I do not see much for the others.
>
> Using <location> tag for chroot does not work, no error in the y2log.
> When I revert back to <source> method for this it is fine and works.
>
> The post partitioning one doesn't work in both situations. Again no
> errors that I can find on this. Had not used this one before within my
> processing.
>
> I'm running this inside of a virtual box VM and the overall profile is
> combined via rules. The final profile used for the build looks fine to
> me though. The scripts that I reference within the <location> tag are
> all within the same area with same permissions so obviously they are
> all available. They are available via NFS
>
>     <init-scripts config:type="list">
>       <script>
>         <debug config:type="boolean">true</debug>
>         <filename>_init.sh</filename>
>         <interpreter>shell</interpreter>
> <location>nfs://xx.xx.xx.xx/data/linux/autoYast/init.sh</location>
>         <notification>Please wait while init.sh script is
> running...</notification>
>       </script>
>     </init-scripts>
>
> This is on an 12.1 install, but I do not believe that matters as I can
> only see references to v11 as to when these options seem to have been
> added to autoyast.
>
> Is anyone using this mechanism and if so does it work for you. I'm
> expecting that the same mechanism is used internally in autoyast for
> the processing of these scripts so quite surprised one works where the
> other doesn't.

I'm running a number of scripts, either by ftp location or source.

- postpartitioning: <location>, to create a fixed group id
- chroot: <source> insert autoyast and sshd; not sure this is necessary
or even works atm;
   doesn't hurt, however
- post: 1x source, 4x script (mail, backup etc. settings)
- init: 1x source (zypper usage), 1 x script sshfs setup

for location I only give location and filename tags, e.g.

<script>
<location>ftp://192.168.27.34/my-mail-settings.sh</location>
   <filename>my-mail-settings.sh</filename>
</script>

logfiles for everything except the postpartitioning script are in
/var/adm/autoinstall/logs -- i verified the postpartitioning script works.

Two things I'd check first is, does ftp instead of nfs work for you?
Does the <filename> have to begin with an underscore?

Best regards
Robert