List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [opensuse-autoinstall] Add-on on a USB stick (was:Packages in add-on product do not
From:       "Andreas Taschner" <ataschner () novell ! com>
Date:       2010-10-04 10:46:34

>>> On 10/4/2010 at 10:24, Uwe Gansert <ug@suse.de> wrote:
> on Friday 01 October 2010 Andreas Taschner wrote:
>
>> OK, but what would the media_url be if it is on a DVD (or on a USB stick if
>>  that is what we end up choosing) ?
>
> you can use cd:///my_addon

Thanks - that works =)
However this leads to a number of DVD swaps during the installation.

So I would like to have it on a USB stick (the same one that I have the info file on).
It is not a bootable USB stick - we install from an unmodified SLES DVD.
I can still not find a way to access it (tried usb:///my_addon, disk:///my_addon, relurl:///my_addon)
Is there at all a way to accomplish that when one is not booting/installing from the USB device ?

Best regards
Andreas