List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Unable to Create Repository SLED 11.0
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2010-06-28 10:49:11

on Friday 25 June 2010 Bart Wahlgren wrote:

> I used Yast Product Creator to create a custom installation DVD for SLED
>  11.0. AutoYast fails when trying to create the repository with the
>  following error:
>
> 	Unable to create repository from 'url dvd:///'
>
> 	Details
> 	Valid metadata not found at specified URL
> 	History
> 	-	Signature verification failed for content
>

> Does anyone have suggestions on what I did wrong in the configuration of
>  the product or how to troubleshoot this error?

that's a signature failure for the main-installation source. Autoyast can not
catch that, so the signature handling section in the XML file will not help.

there is a "content" file on the installation source that is signed
(content.asc) with a gpg-key (content.key).
I did not look into the product-creator since a while but I think it had an
option to "upload" a gpg key for signing.

You can check your signature like this:

ug@taylor:/space/SLES11SP1/DVD1> LANG=en gpg --verify content.asc
gpg: Signature made Wed Apr 28 20:56:47 2010 CEST using RSA key ID 307E3D54
gpg: Good signature from "SuSE Package Signing Key <build@suse.de>"
gpg: Note: This key has expired!
Primary key fingerprint: 4E98 E675 19D9 8DC7 362A  5990 E3A5 C360 307E 3D54

hm. Looks like my key has expired. That should not happen on your side :)
And the keydata should show your own keydata "Bart's gpg key" or so.

If it says it does not know the key, you can "gpg --import" it into your gpg
database.

I wrote a little something about signing at:
http://www.suse.de/~ug/AutoYaST_FAQ.html#bB
It's for add-ons actually but it's the same for the main-instsource

You can dig into the /var/log/YaST2/y2log file too when you see the error
popup. There you should find the gpg command(s) that failed.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert
Business: http://www.suse.de/~ug
listening to: "Walking" by mind.in.a.box