List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] where to place a script
From:       Tim Kirby <trk () cray ! com>
Date:       2010-03-29 12:55:41

On 3/29/10 7:36 AM, "Marcus Moeller" <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:

> As mentioned I am going to configure the systems using puppet, so I
> wonder where to place the first puppet sync?
>
> Currently I am using a chroot-scripts, but is perhaps post-scripts or
> even init-scripts the better way to go?

I use cfengine; our initial cfengine install is done during a post script.
I do a little work in a chroot script - actually not in chroot mode - to
capture some pre-install script log output etc., but I generally feel
more comfortable with configuring the post-install environment; there are
a number of things that finish off installing/configuring after that first
reboot so what I'm configuring in the post-install generally feels more
complete than the chroot space. That could be an unwarranted feeling, of
course...

Tim
--
Tim Kirby                                       651-605-9074
trk@cray.com                   Cray Inc. Information Systems