List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] some experiences with opensuse 11.2
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2010-03-26 15:35:38

on Thursday 26 November 2009 Uwe Gansert wrote:

> on Wednesday 18 November 2009 David Werner wrote:
> > the package samba-winbind failed to install. I interactivly said skip
> > over as i did not even know whether we use it but it was for some reason
> > in package list. I got a warning that i could get a damaged installation.
> > In the end fetchmsttfonts failed.
> > The following messages regarding fetchmsttfonts were in
> >  /var/log/zypp/history of installed partition.
> >
> > # 2009-11-18 02:23:06
> >
> > /mnt/var/adm/update-scripts/fetchmsttfonts-11.2-6.6.12-fetchmsttfonts.sh.
> >t xt ausgeführt # /bin/sh:
> >
> > /mnt/var/adm/update-scripts/fetchmsttfonts-11.2-6.6.12-fetchmsttfonts.sh.
> >t xt: No such file or directory # 2009-11-18 02:23:20
> >
> > /mnt/var/adm/update-scripts/fetchmsttfonts-11.2-6.6.12-fetchmsttfonts.sh.
> >t xt Ausführung fehlgeschlagen (Kommando mit Status 127 beendet.)
>
> that looks like a libzypp bug
> You can try to workaround that by creating a symlink in a post_partitioning
> script. The Symlink should be:
>
> cd /mnt
> ln -s /var mnt/var
>
> I did not try it yet but it should work.

should, should, SHOULD ... but it does not. :-/
First of all you need to create a link like this:

cd /mnt/mnt
ln -s ../var var

so that you have a link in /mnt/mnt/ that points to ../var

unfortunately that's not enough. Because name resolution is needed, you have
to echo a nameserver to /etc/resolv.conf like:
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf

then it works. This time I tried it by myself ;)

the easy way is to taboo the fetchmsttfonts package via "remove-packages"
list. Then it woks too but the package is not installed.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert
Business: http://www.suse.de/~ug