List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Install issues
From:       Uwe Gansert <ug () suse ! de>
Date:       2010-03-09 10:15:31

on Monday 08 March 2010 Anthony Hare wrote:

>  Installing Suse Ent 11.
>
>  1)
>
>  On a Dell 2950 and an IBM x3250 it says creating 2gb (super long string)
>  sw=  ap..
>
>  Then creating raid partition (super long string for /) error code -3030..
>  I=  t works for other newer sas drives in x3650's etc..

can you please try:

 <partitioning config:type="list">
     <drive>
       <use>all</use>
       <zero_new_partitions config:type="boolean">false</zero_new_partitions>
     </drive>
  </partitioning>

it's an undocumented fallback which actually should never be used but in this
case it might help :-/
If it does not help, we need logs and a bugzilla entry please.

>  2) On my x3650 it installs but during initial boot it doesn't start
>  network=  ing (fails configuring the correct NIC as eth0, it trys
>  eth0_ncs) so it tri=  es to get package sles release from my
>
>  http://install location and fails due to lack of networking..
>
>  Anyway around this?

do you use post-scripts with network_needed set to true? Then it's a bug which
is fixed in SP1.
Try to use a post-script with network_needed set to false or an init-script.
Everything else than a post-script with network_needed=true is fine.

>  3) Trying to execute a custom .sh script to configure (hostname/static
>  ip/e=  tc). I have been unable using the post-script or init-script
>  portion of aut=  oyast.. Is there a way to insert the script for initial
>  boot?

init-scripts and post-scripts (except for the case mentioned above) are
working fine in SLES11. There must be something wrong in your config but
that's hard to say without XML or/and logs.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert
Business: http://www.suse.de/~ug
listening to: "Sleeping with Ghosts" by Placebo