List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Error occurred while installing GRUB
From:       Conrad Schuler <conrad_schuler () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-11-09 7:42:35

> My 11.1-Beta3 installation is working up to the screen that

Downloaded 11.1-Beta4.

It installs GRUB just fine.

But it does 2 weird things:

1) Even though (or because?) my software section is: <software></software>, it errors \
"The package resolver run failed. Please check your software section in the autoyast \
profile." But it seems to continue from the error just fine.

2) If I install with an isolinux CD that has append netdevice=eth0 ip=dhcp in the \
configuration, it finds the dhcp server to start the installation, installs, \
restarts, then dumps me into a console that says:

NET: Registered protocol family 17
[NETWORK] using dhcp on based on ip=dhcp
running hdcpcd on interface
err, no interface specified
no response from dhcp server -- exiting to /bin/sh

It completes the installation if I use a CD that doesn't have netdevice=eth0 ip=dhcp \
and manually supply ip addresses to start the install.

Thanks,

Conrad